About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Adventures in the Wild West

I am a chicken.  I hate change, I hate going to new places.  It makes me uncomfortable and nervous.  Last year, Iowa changed the law to allow concealed carry weapons.  All you had to do was attend a class and get a piece of paper and ..... Voile .... you can carry.

So my friend helped me get signed up for the class.  It is all the basic stuff that my grandfather and father yelled at me about.  Common sense stuff.  They were just polite about it.  No stress at all. And I got my piece of paper.

All I had to do was go to the courthouse to get the permit.  That was all I had to do.  I just had to get in the car and go......yup, that should be easy, right?  Less than ten miles......

That was a year ago.

So Tall Man came home.  I asked him real nice if he would hold my hand and drive me down to the courthouse.  He even got out his map and compass and helped me find my way through the maze of the courthouse basement to the correct window.  The lady behind the counter said, "I'm sorry.  Our computers are down today.  Would you mind if you had to come back tomorrow to pick up your permit?"

Tomorrow?  Holy buckets.  It was that easy?  I could have done that all by myself!

So now?

I have my permit. I am the rootinist, tootinist blue hair wannabe in them thar parts! 

Tall Man suggested I go shopping.  Maybe I should go to a Gun Show.  They have a lot of choices.  Do you think they sell the suction cup pistols? Cap guns? Maybe one that just has a flag that pops out and says, "BANG!"



*** authors note:  The Second Amendment states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  This right given to citizens is not a joking matter.  Many hours will be spent on a range learning how to be safe and proficient before a personal weapon would ever be purchased.

No comments: