About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

When you can't say anything nice....

When you can't say anything nice, don't write anything at all.

I have started five different blog posts this week, but it always comes back to that first sentence.

So this is all of the posts together...they all have the same theme.

I am grumpy. I am sad. I ache. I am grumpy.
I think it is the season. Lack of sunshine, taxes, lack of husband, lack of help, lack of inspiration.  It is all connected.

I don't want to be a grown up some days.  I am tired of the grown up responsibilities.
I come home to find only one child's dishes done....yes, that means there are still dirty dishes in the sink.  Why should I wash her dishes? She made the mess!

But it doesn't stop there.  I find my laundry wadded up in the laundry room.  I try to set the example and fold their laundry as I pull it out of the dryer.  Has it made an impression? Obviously not.

We used to have chores written out for each of the kids.  It is funny though, when the list came down, the chores stopped.  Nothing changed except for the piece of paper on the refrigerator.

I need a polish grandma! Someone who can get ring-a-round-the-collar stains out and the coffee stain on my tablecloth.  Someone to follow through with the folding of the laundry.  Someone to really clean my bathroom once a week.  And....I am confident my windows would be squeaky clean to let that sunshine in and then I will feel all better!

No comments: