About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oh Cheese, This is Good!

It has been a slow motion day.  Just can’t get motivated to do anything.  We have watched movies, and napped, and just been comfortable.  So that called for comfort food.  And what is more comfortable than….macaroni n’cheese.

My favorite recipe is from a box of elbow noodles back when I was married 21+ years ago.  I don’t even remember the brand.  And yes, I have made it so much over the years, that I have it memorized. Now, I just have to add in here that I am a cheese snob.  I love good cheese.  My yellow cheese of choice right now?  Cady Creek Farms Gold’n Jack.  It is a semi soft Colby Jack cheese that is heavenly.  




 Are you ready for comfort?

Mac N’ Cheese
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked al dente, about 7 minutes
2 cups milk (I use skim)
2 TBS corn starch
Pinch of salt and some pepper
1 pound Colby cheese, cubed

Bring water to a boil and salt the water. Add elbow macaroni and cook 7 minutes. While macaroni is boiling, make the cheese sauce.  Pour milk in medium saucepan with cornstarch and salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat and stir constantly.  When milk begins to bubble, turn heat off and add cheese (except a handful of cubes to put on top for extra yumminess).  Stir in cheese until the sauce becomes smooth. Drain macaroni, pour into a greased casserole dish.  Pour cheese sauce over and stir in.  Place the extra yummy cheese cubes on top, if desired.
Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes, or until browned on top.


I hope you enjoy this comfort food as much as we do.  Now I am off to watch Downton Abbey on PBS and prepare to be unprepared for another week.

No comments: