About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Used To Be Super Mom

I used to be Super Mom, but somewhere along the way I lost my cape.
I don’t know what happened.  I was always early.  I had cookies in the cookie jar.  I had laundry done and put away.  My house was always ready for  Meredith Corporation to show up and take pictures for one of their many publications.  I was ready for that phone call from Martha at anytime.  My glue gun was plugged in.
Now?  My list is long.  Where do I begin? 
A few years back, I left school one day and went to run some errands.  Little did I know I was supposed to be teaching a fourth grade class at that exact time.  What did the children find when they arrived at my classroom at their designated time?  A dark, locked classroom.  Yup, I was gone. 
I had started to forget other little things.  An appointment here and there.  They were written down.  I even looked at the calendar and knew I had to be somewhere - just never went.  I tried to laugh it off
The thing that I really started to notice though was little things from my past.  “Don’t you remember, Mom?  You told me about that one time?”  Nope.  I don’t remember.  That is the one that bothers me.
Some told me I was trying to do too much.  Some said it was stress.  I think that is when I noticed my cape was slipping.  I will add that on to my list - stitch on cape.
I haven’t been able to  catch up.  There is ALWAYS something to do that I don’t have time to do.  How did I get this done before?  Sure, I didn’t work….I was a stay at home mom.  But I did everything then with two kids in tow and one on the hip, not to mention the dog on the leash and my biggest child calling me with, “Can you fit one more in at dinner?” 
Sure I can, honey.  I am Super Mom!
I should have all the time in the world now.  One is in college, two are in high school (self-sufficient) and I only work part-time.  Part-time. 
What does that really mean?  Part time. 
It means that I never have enough time to do anything anymore.  I only have part time to work, part time to mother, part time to run errands, part time to cook and part time to wife... I digress….that is another story entirely.
So how do I become Super Mom again?  I will start by cleaning out my closet to look for my cape.  Maybe I will find my car keys along the way.

1 comment:

cso said...

Many of us are there, Julie! I think you are doing a fine job.