About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Blessed Easter Weekend....

What a weekend!

Tall Man was home for Easter and my birthday.  What a treat!  I was even surprised....well, kinda....by his parents (MIL and FIL), and my parents (Mom and Poppo).  Tall Man thought better of the total surprise and chose to warn inform me on Friday.

So, every event with our family involves food.  And not just any food......food for an army.

My birthday feast was Surf 'n Turf.  We were treated with Marinated New York Strip (14 steaks) and Shrimp (5 pounds) on the grill.  Oh my....I should mention the spinach salad with homemade strawberry vinaigrette and the grilled asparagus topped with a lemon butter.  We topped off the meal with Tiramisu......the Twinkie Tiramisu recipe, but made with lady fingers so the Man Child could partake of the feast with us.

These were a few of my favorite things.....

Today, we arrived home from Easter Service for a treat of Mom's Apple Dumplings and coffee.  We are watching and smelling for the Polish Sausage (fresh from the butcher, a treat from MIL and FIL) to brown, and the water to boil to start the pierogi a boilin'.  And yes....that would be 14 pounds of Polish Sausage and about 8 pounds of pierogi......made by THE Polish Grandmother, otherwise known as MIL.  She is standing over the boiling pot of water as I tap away on this keyboard.

I love Easter.
    I love the tradition.
         I love the food.
              I love the family.

The Lamb Butter

A Blessed Easter to you all.......

He is Risen!  He is Risen indeed!  Alleluia!

No comments: