About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Tooth Fairy Troubles

I have a terrible memory.....

I forgot things ALL the time while my children were growing up.  I always told them they could blame me when they go to therapy some day....I accept the blame now.

I was reminded of one of my shortcomings of a mother this morning by a friend's post on Facebook.

Her son lost a tooth and she didn't have coins to put under her pillow.  As she is getting ready to raid HIS piggy bank for the quarters (my kids had banks I would have to break to try to get anything out of it), she found a folded up two dollar bill in her stash.
What a GREAT MOM!!

I, of course, gave her a few tips from my past.....

This is where Peanut, Frog and Man Child should stop reading.
I know you still believe in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa, and I don't want your world to crumble.


Parents - to you I say...where there is a will AND creativity, there is a happy child.


<<place quarters next to a window or on a ledge>>

The Drive-by Tooth Fairy - "The Tooth Fairy was running so far behind, because so many kids lost their teeth yesterday, she left the stack of quarters on the window ledge!"

<<place quarters in the refrigerator, move some food around>>
<<a spill adds to the excitement!>>

The Drive-thru Tooth Fairy - "The Tooth Fairy got hungry and left your stack of quarters in the refrigerator."


You can also use this last one when you eat the last pudding in the fridge for breakfast and blame it on the Tooth Fairy...it is a win-win for all!




No comments: