About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Does Anyone Have a Line on a Line?

My clothes line broke.

I have had an umbrella clothesline.  It was great.  It was compact.

I can't find one to replace it.

I went to the big box hardware store first....actually thought it would be one stop shopping, go home and hang out my clothes. This is what they had.


I don't quite understand how to hang laundry on this.  Who has anything, other than socks, for the little 10 inch line next to the pole.....
.....I would have to hang sheets around corners, or fold them on the line, to get them to fit onto this clothesline.

I then went to our local, hometown hardware store.  It is new. Just opened.  Unfortunately, the new owner has hired kids....no experience at all.  I walked in and was mumbled at.  I think he asked if he could help me find something.  "I am looking for an umbrella clothesline."  He responds, "I have umbrellas and I have clothesline," with a very puzzled look on his face.  I tried to paint a mental picture for this boy.  His response?  "Why don't you just buy a dryer?"

Yep....that was his response.
Don't think I will be shopping there again.

On to the internet......

I did find an impressive clothesline online in this style that has me intrigued, almost giddy.....

Best Drying Rack can be found at this link.  I give you the link because there is a copyright on all the pictures.  I am impressed because it is an American company!!  AND....This clothesline is huge!  If you click on the link, you will see how much can be hung in a very small space.  My only issue is.....I would also have to order one of these....


Do you see the height of the top line?  And who do they choose to model in the picture?  Someone my height!!!  How the heck did she get those sheets on the top line?


I am still searching........


No comments: