About Me

My photo
This is my journey. This is what I see. I am a wife, a mother, an artist. I am on His path.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Green Crayon Incident


crayon green 1

A long, long time ago, in a faraway land of the mitten shaped state, there was a small Man Child.  This Man Child attended preschool.  This Man Child loved to carry stuff in his pockets.

We had a smorgasbord in our washing machine every time it was laundry day.  I tried really hard to always check pockets, however, I missed things occasionally.    A stick now and then.  Some rocks.....no big deal.

A green crayon?

It survived the washer alright, but the dryer.  The dryer.  Heat and crayons are not a great combination.

White clothes and heat and a green crayon do not mix well at all!  Well, I take that back.  They mixed really well.

This is your household hint of the day.....you should write this down.

Amway SA-8.

Use it as a pre-soak.  Believe it or not it took out the crayon!  I still had to scrub the dryer, but the clothes did survive.

The Man Child?

He did survive.  The punishment?

From the age of five, all of my children have done their own laundry.  They separate, they put it in the wash, they change it to the dryer, they fold it and they put it away.

All is well until the spin test fails.

It is a vicious cycle.......

No comments: